Peppermint Oil, Does Wonders for the Soul
People complain about everything. All you have to do is make a phone call, then ask the common, “How are you?” and you will hear all kinds of complaints. It really is amazing. How can we live in a world of constant complaint?
That may be the reason the world is in the state its in.
For those of you who are fed up with this general state of affairs, for those of you who want something different for your lives, then it’s definitely time to start thinking of the powerful effects of aromatherapy.
This is an ancient tradition that has been practiced for thousands of years and there is good reason for it. IT WORKS.
Essentially what I’m saying here is that essential oils cure many of these things we are so used to complaining about, especially when you use the right essential oil.
But to really understand how an essential oil works you need to know what areas of the body the oil can work on. So before purchasing any essential oil you should first learn about its beneficial properties. Today, let’s take a look at peppermint oil.
Benefits of Peppermint Oil
Peppermint essential oil is so effective that some people just naturally add a small bottle to their basic first aid kit. I personally have been using peppermint for over twenty years, and started when I was diagnosed with migraine headaches. Today I no longer suffer from headaches, although I always carry a small bottle of peppermint essential oil for any minor mishap.
You can use Peppermint oil in a variety of different ways, whether you use it on its own or in a mix with a different oil; although you can also mix it with tea or water for internal use. In aromatherapy, you might use it with a diffuser or even in a more manual style by infusing a small cotton ball and leaving it to set in a room. Just a quick note here, if you plan on ingesting it, be sure you use what is known as “therapeutic grade.”
Peppermint is a plant that often grows in a garden and gardeners often leave it in potted plant form as it spreads quickly.
Practical uses for peppermint essential oil
Peppermint essential oils have a variety of benefits; here some of the most common and practical methods where I use it.
1. Cure for migraines: It only takes a few drops of peppermint oil rubbed around the temples and the bottom of the cranium to cure any headache. A carrier oil can also be used. This might include something like lavender or coconut oil which are also oils that help eliminate headaches.
2. Get rid of bad breath/halitosis: Normally bad breath is sign of another underlying factor, that of indigestion. If you struggle with digestion issues, you can apply four drops of peppermint oil mixed with water and use it as mouthwash. This offers relief. Another idea is to add some drops to your favorite brandy.
3. Alleviate heartburn: A drop of peppermint in your tea mixed with honey or a couple drops in a glass of milk, or mixed with a drop or two of coconut oil or olive oil as a carrier oil and then applied externally to the abdomen area can alleviate the problem.
4. Cool a fever: Reduce body temperature up to 3 degrees in a matter of minutes, all it takes is a few drops of peppermint oil mixed with any carrier oil and rubbed it all over the torso. Try a wet washcloth and massage head to toe to cool your body and get some rest.
5. Avoid paralysis: Combine your favorite citrus oil, it can be lemon, lime, orange, etc. And rub it on the back of your neck. Later breath in the oil left in your hands. It really works.
6. Relieves stomach spasms: It only requires a drop in a big glass of water.
7. Diminish bloating: Apply in the stomach area to cure bloating generated by gas and heartburn.
8. Alleviates nausea: A drop of peppermint oil rubbed in the abdomen or a drop mixed with hot water and ingested works well.
9. Stop itching: Peppermint oil is a good choice to stop that annoying itching provoked by bit bites, or poison of any kind.
10. Stop constipation: Mixed with your favorite carrier oil and applied over the low abdomen area, peppermint will cure the constipation issue and get everything work properly.
11. Prevent mice: A little cotton ball covered with peppermint, located in certain areas such as corners or spots where mice like to gather. Mice dislike peppermint (raccoons don’t like it either).
12. Chase away spiders and ants: Same as with mice, use cotton balls with peppermint and place them in spots where you find theses insects.You can even make your own peppermint bug repel spray, all you have to do is dilute 5 or 6 drops of peppermint essential oil in water and use a spray bottle, you can also use it in your garden.
13. Eliminates ticks: dip a q-tip into some peppermint essential oil and speck it on the tick, it will pull back its head and then you can cut it out.
14. Relieves tendonitis: Over 10 drops of peppermint oil mixed with 10 drops of lavender and some rosemary oil with 2 tablespoons of your favorite carrier oil will chase away any pain you are struggling with.
15. Get rid of seasonal allergies: Peppermint, lemon and lavender essential oils mixed together or with a carrier oil and applied it on the bottom of the feet, around the neck and all over the forehead works wonders.