Are you looking for a golf rangefinder? There are number of products in the current market, but it is very tough to find a quality product within your budget. Again multiple features make your consciousness dizzy so you cannot decide which one will be best for you and which one you should buy. You have to consider some points to find the correct device for you.
Using a golf rangefinder is far more flexible and accurate than GPS. By using a golf rangefinder you can precisely measure how far away the flag is or the distance of any hazards, like lakes. You need to have a clear concept about the distances and that’s why you need a golf rangefinder. Here comes the question: Which rangefinder you should buy, and why? You should look for certain features to purchase a rangefinder.
- Maximum Distance: The prime feature of rangefinder is the maximum range it can work up to. Usually a rangefinder can work efficiently from 1-1500 yards. You must check the product before buying it.
- Efficiency: Another important factor is efficiency of the rangefinder. All gadgets do not work similarly in all weather. Some rangefinders have a built-in rain mode which can work accurately in a monsoon. Consider your climate and the efficiency of the device in that situation.
- Model and Features: There are plenty of models in the market. You can choose the design you prefer most. You should consider the features of the gadgets. If you are a beginner, you may need the help of plenty of features, but if you are a professional, you only need the help of a few features.
- Price: The price is very important too. According to your level, you may determine which kind of feature you need and find the best-priced product offering those features.
- Weight: The lighter it is, the easier it will be for you to use. Keep in mind the weight of the gadget.
- Operation Process: Before buying, please consider its user manual and operations. A high quality product will always be easy to use to reduce the complication. Some rangefinders can be operated by two buttons only. Always look for something easier to maneuver.
Top Golf Rangefinders
Considering all those points, our experts found the top four golf rangefinders. Here they are:
Bushnell Tour V3 Golf Laser Rangefinder
Bushnell Tour V3 can be operated in a single hand and is capable of 5x magnification.
It has a range of 10 to 1000 yards. Most importantly, it is legal in all tournaments. It can give you an accurate measurement of up to 300 yards to flag with a deviation of +/- 1 yard. The updated LCD display will show your plan. The eye-catching design with the easy carrying manuals made it one of the top choices. Price is affordable. It comes with a two year warranty.
Nikon COOLSHOT 20 Golf Laser Rangefinder
Nikon COOLSHOT 20 is considered as one of the lightest and most sophisticated rangefinders.
Its range is less (6-500 yards) than the Bushnell Tour V3. The main attraction of the product is its first tracking technology which can identify the distance of your target, obstacle, or flag even from the background. It is very fast, taking a couple of moments to prepare for operation. Its water-proof qualities allow you to carry it in any situation. This product gives you an eye relief. Again it is very handy and easy to carry. Its price is adequate with its feature. It comes with less warranty than the previous gadget.
TecTecTec! VPRO500 – Laser Binoculars
TecTecTec! VPRO500 measured range is not so vast but it is very promising and high quality.
It can work from 5-540 yards. It has three unique modes to locate the flag stick. “First Target Priority” mode is used to detect your destination, “Distance Target Priority” mode will inform you the accurate distance from the target, and finally “ProScan” mode will measure the distance of other objects from it. This feature makes it unique from any other gadgets. The advance optical technology of this device will provide you accurate pinpoint and crystal clear image. It is lighter (11.2 ounces) than Bushnell Tour V3 but heavier than Nikon COOLSHOT 20. It is rain-proof and comes with 1 year manufacturer warranty. The price is too good compared to the features.
VPRO500 – Laser Binoculars
VPRO500 have amazing picture quality, detection capability, and easy carriage quality. It has a balanced weight and rain-proof construction. The design also makes it attractive. A complete package is provided to the consumer with a free battery. Considering all those factors, it is the best golf rangefinder in the current market.
Wildgame Innovations Halo XRT Laser Rangefinder
Wildgame Innovations Halo XRT has a unique anti-fog feature. It comes with the 6x magnification capability, which is better than Bushnell Tour V3.
Its main drawback is it has a capability to detect reflective targets up to 500 yards. But this rangefinder can work precisely within its area which other gadgets cannot do like it (+/- 1 yards). Scan mode can be activated to do continuous ranging. Light weight (12 ounces) and rubber grip design make it very comfortable to carry. It is water resistant and comes with a one-year manufacturer warranty. It has a limitation to work in bad lighting. Durable nylon case keeps it easy to carry. The battery is CR2 Lithium ion which can serve for a long time. You can also use the power saving mode.
When you are looking for a golf rangefinder, basically you look for a device with highest range and accurate positioning, easy and light to carry, water resistant, promising output and user friendly operation system. Considering all those factors, we find that TecTecTec! VPRO500 are the best in the market.