Craving for prolific performance on your mowing? Look no further; the solution is right here with electrical lawn mowers.
These mowers replace the traditional lawn mowers that were either human powered or gasoline powered.
With the rising fuel prices, electric mowers are consumer friendly as they save consumers a lot of money, not to mention their light and easy-to-use nature.
They also come in corded or cordless form, boasting optimum efficiency without hassle.
Table of Contents
- The Corded Electric Mowers
- The Cordless Electric Lawn Mowers
- Top Lawn Mowers
- How To Choose The Ideal Lawn Mower For Your Needs
The Corded Electric Mowers
Corded mowers come with extension cables that plug into an electrical outlet. This family of mowers has its pros:
- The fact that corded lawn mowers have zero emissions explains why they are the mowers to go for since they tidy your lawn with no harmful effects to the environment.
- Corded electrical mowers are considered to be of more advantage than the cordless due to pricing. Cordless mowers are more expensive.
The corded family also has its share of cons that a consumer must have in mind:
- Extreme caution is required while using them to avoid tangling the extension cord. This could turn out clumsy during the process, extending the work time.
- Another challenge is the need to use additional cable depending on the size of the lawn.
This set of drawbacks, however, can be solved by the use of a cordless lawn mower.
The Cordless Electric Lawn Mowers
This family operates on a rechargeable battery whose voltages vary, with the most powerful being the one with the highest voltage. Such are ideal for yards that are far from the source of electricity.
- The advantage of this family of mowers is that the risk of accidentally mowing the electric cable is neutralized since cables are absent.
- However, it faces a set back as the batteries could run out before the work is complete, depending on the size of the lawn.
Top Lawn Mowers
GreenWorks 25022 12 Amp Corded 20-Inch Lawn Mower
Here is what makes this brand particularly remarkable:
- It has a powerful 12Amp motor which delivers power that allows for easier cutting through the toughest grass.
- Its 20-inch cutting deck makes mowing faster and more efficient.
- It comes with a 3-in-1 feature that enables multiple options like grass clipping from rear bagging and mulching capabilities.
- Its 7-position cutting height adjustment range makes it ideal to use on all types of grass.
- Its wide rear wheels enable easy maneuvering around the lawn.
Black & Decker CM1936ZA 36V Cordless Electric Lawn Mower with Removable Battery, 19"
The following features place this lawn mower among the top in the market:
- It has a rechargeable, removable 36V battery that can be charged away from the mower. This enables it to run its powerful ultra-efficient motor and its improved blade design for better cuts. A fully charged battery can work on a 1/3-acre lawn without a recharge.
- It’s easy to use and emits minimum noise, therefore maintaining the serenity of your environment and neighborhood.
- This brand has a single lever which adjusts the four wheels at once. It is easy to store in an upright or compact storage for maximum utilization of storage space.
- This mower is equipped to provide a fertilizing effect by mulching clippings back into your lawn.
- The Black and Decker mower is Energy Star certified which allows it to use less energy, therefore saving money.
WORX WG782 Intellicut cordless lawn mower
- This cordless mower makes your lawn tidy without much effort but the results are worth noting.
- It relies on a removable, rechargeable 24-volt battery.
- Intellicut technology ensures there is power when you need it. You need not get into torture while mowing tall grass or mulching leaves, it’s simply a matter of setting the dial to power and the tough grass is mowed. With its quiet-mode feature, you could save yourself and your neighborhood from unnecessary noise. It is definitely an undisputable brand.
- It has advantages over the traditional gas mower as you no longer have to think about the foul smell or spilling gas.
- Another advantage is its cordless nature that leaves you with no worries about mowing the extension cord.
- Storage is also catered to with the WORX WG782 since its handlebar collapses swiftly so that it can be stored in minimal storage space.
How To Choose The Ideal Lawn Mower For Your Needs
Your shopping checklist should outline the following main factors to take into consideration in finding an electric lawn mower that cuts above the rest.
- Yard size: Choose a lawn mower that is right for your garden size. For a large yard size it would be advisable to consider a cordless mower since it saves you the agony of having to purchase more extension cords were it corded. If your yard is small you can consider a corded mower.
- Your financial constraint: If your budget is low, you can consider acquiring a corded mower as they are also very effective and at the same time cheaper when compared to the cordless type.
- Storage space: If your storage space is tight a mower with space saving features like collapsible handles should be considered.
- Location of your yard: The position of your yard in relation to the source of electricity is very important. If the source of electricity is far from the yard you should consider a cordless mower since it’s more convenient in this case.
- Availability of spare parts: You should consider the fact that the mower will need maintenance and therefore make an excellent choice in relation to spare part availability.
In conclusion, it goes without saying that in the urge to maintain our yards in tip top shape, we also have a responsibility to maintain a clean environment free from all forms of pollution.
It is evident that electrical lawn mowers are ideal to keep our yards tidy and maintain our environment free from pollution as they are zero emitters.
If you don’t know where to get your products, Amazon, has you covered. With their wide range of products, you are in confident hands.