In this fast paced modern world, the ancient healing therapy of acupressure is a brilliant alternative to damaging pain killers and expensive massage parlors. Acupressure Mats are inexpensive and easy to use in the comfort of your home. This holistic healing remedy involves exerting localized pressure on thousands of acupressure points around the body, stimulating blood circulation and releasing tension from muscles. This practice enhances the immune system and overall capability of the body as a whole. Whether you are reading a book or watching TV, an acupressure mat will work its ancient magic in silence and bring a deep sense of relaxation to you at the end of a stressful day.
The important features to look for in an acupressure mat include:
- The acupressure mats must have spikes more that 6000 but less than 6300 because there is an optimal number for spikes to give you the best pressure that is required for healing. Anything less or anything more, can be counterproductive or even painful.
- The warranty or guarantee factor always comes into use in the long run in case the product doesn’t suit you
- Light weight and easy to carry. You may want to carry it to the beach or to other rooms in the house or even at work.
- A considerable surface area to cover ones back while lying down is a mandatory factor for these kinds of healing mats. Majority people these days suffer from back pains thanks to long working hours. For maximum relief and pleasure it is vital that an acupressure mat entirely covers the area of your back.
- It will give more value for money if comes with a combination of acupressure pillow set.
- For people with skin sensitivity, the material that is used to manufacture the acupressure mats can be consequential.
Top Acupressure Mats
Spoonk Cotton Pagoda Blue
This aesthetically appealing acupressure mat comes with a 5 year warranty and in a beautiful handy bag. In addition to that, Spook promises a 30- day money back guarantee as well. This particular product is available across the US in the retail store Whole Foods. The manufacturer assures that the acupressure points on the mat are made with non-toxic plastic of high quality, unlike some cheaper competitors, which in turn will prevent any allergic reactions. It is also made of 100% high quality thick cotton which is made in USA. The dimension of the product is 27.5 x 1 x 16.5 inches, which suggests a sizable surface area to rest your back.
This Acupressure Mat from ZenGuru comprises of 6,210 acupressure spikes. It also comes with a Neckupressure Pillow which contains another 1,782 acupressure spikes. The manufacturer has made the produce more user friendly by including a reflexology foot chart for pressure points tutorial. With a moderate market price, ZenGuru boasts of their best customer service in the industry. They back it up by providing a no question asked 100% money back policy. Light weight and considerable surface area give it an edge over other competitors in the market.
This commodity from Nayoya’s also contains 6,210 acupressure points and it also comes with a pillow known as the Neckupressure Pillow which contains about 1,782 acupressure tips for stiff neck treatment and other neck pain relief. Apart from usual neck and back pain solace, the Naroya acupressure mat and pillow claims to address Sciatic nerve pain, fibromyalgia and coccyx tailbone pain. On the business aspect, Nayoya offers a 60-day money back guarantee which is subject to restrictions. This acupressure mat also comes with a vinyl bag and is most pricey of the three.
Among these three acupressure mats, the ZenGuru stands out as a clear winner for offering value for money and meeting the basic requirements. This product comes in a combination of pillow and a mat with an affordable price. It contains optimal number of stimulant points and an impressive surface area of 26″x17″x1″. The high point of this acupressure mat is the additional feature of a reflexology chart which will come handy. Finally, the “no question asked” money back guarantee gives the customers a certain amount of flexibility as well as assurance about the quality of the product.